Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need dial lamp info for 49-1611

I am restoring a Philco 49-1611 AM-FM chassis for a customer and the dial lamp is missing. It is a 125 volt type lamp with a screw base. My JF Riders doesn't give the lamp number or info about it on the schematic or parts list. Was wondering if anyone may know which type lamp fits the socket in these late 40's Philco sets and where I may be able to acquire them? Thanks in advance for any info.

Try here for bulbs good luck Doug http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/foxw...02=02_DIAL

Thanks for that info Doug. I stock all those miniature type lamps. This particular lamp has a larger screw in type base and is 125 volt type. It is a oddball lamp for sure. Thanks again!!

oops, I think I posted my question on the wrong thread. Sorry bout that.

In these particular Philco mod. 49-1611 chassis', the dial lamp is mounted on a snap in type lamp socket holder with lamp tip about 1" away from the white plastic behind the dial scale glass. I have decided to retrofit the original dial lamp socket with a standard 125 v. type night light socket and use a standard 4 watt type nightlight lamp to backlight the old dial. Theres more than 1 way to skin a bear, and dial lamps will now be readily available for my customer anywhere. Seems the original 125 v. type lamps originally used in these particular model Philcos are no longer available anyways.