Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

need help with my philcl 42-1013

My phono works great. No radio at all I used to have am and fm intermittently but I used it a little too much before I started to recap it. now I have no reception at all . i have resisters ordered too. Could someone point me in the right direction.the only electrolitic caps I haven't replaced yet are the two 8 mfd caps mounted on the chassis .those are coming could the if transformers be blown or what. I really don't know what to do next

Certainly no expert but if the phono works, the power supply is working. Still FIRST, replace those two electrolytic caps. I suspect it won't fix your problem but really needs to be done before they go out and take something really expensive. Then look at the schematic and find what tubes are common to the AM and FM, check them. Then, slowly go through replacing the wax caps. Double check those you have replaced to make certain the joints are solid and the values correct. It takes a little time but the AM and FM not working and the phono playing tells me you have at least the power supply working. Start with wax caps around the oscillator change a couple and try again. Keep it up through the RF amp (if it has one) Just go slow. Others here will help.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

magicclocks Wrote:My phono works great. No radio at all I used to have am and fm intermittently but I used it a little too much before I started to recap it. now I have no reception at all . i have resisters ordered too. Could someone point me in the right direction.the only electrolitic caps I haven't replaced yet are the two 8 mfd caps mounted on the chassis .those are coming could the if transformers be blown or what. I really don't know what to do next
I just finished one of these.
Some of those caps are a real bear to get to.
My radio had the 1012 chassis.Tranny was fried,so I found a cheap 1013 chassis and rebuilt that one.
My record changer need some work though.Beam of light changer.
Have fun with this project.
I have a few parts left with the 1012 chassis if you need anything.
murf