Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Volume Control Cleaning Tool

Some while ago I ran across a web site where an apparently older gentleman sold some pretty nifty aids and tools. I do remember he had a tool that apparently screwed onto the volume control shaft, allowing you to force cleaner into the sealed volume control to clean it. I remember trying to order it, sent a money order only to get it back, where he stated he needed to fabricate some more and was out at the time.

Anyone know who this fellow may be and how to get in touch with him?

One other quick one... Anyone seen or used the chassis tool that you place on your bench top allowing you to more easily work on some of those hard to get to chassis?

Thanks for your replies!
David

Was it Bill Turner? He has such a device listed on his website:

http://www.dialcover.com/components.html

I know Bill has had health problems in the past few years.

Sean
WØKPX

Sean,

I just read your post, got excited and used the email link on Bill's website. My email immediately came back stating that the email box for Bill was full and my email couldn't be delivered. I suspect that he's quite ill as you state and unable to carry his hobby on as he'd like. Hope he's better soon.

Anyone know of anyone else that has a product(s) like his?

Thanks so much!
David

dnitram Wrote:............. My email immediately came back stating that the email box for Bill was full and my email couldn't be delivered........
That's because Bill used some kind of odd e-mail (T.V. based?) and when that service went defunct he never adapted. You either have to call or just send in your order to Bill.

I sent in an order a year or so ago and it seems I read where others also got their orders from Bill recently.

Note the following message taken from his site (homepage):
Quote:Feel free to contact me via telephone for additional information. Email is not available at this time. Orders may be placed in writing with payment enclosed via mail to:
BILL TURNER
1117 PIKE ST.
ST. CHARLES, MO 63301

Tel: (636) 949-2210

CASH, CHECK or MONEY ORDER ACCEPTED
Sorry, no PayPal or credit cards

http://www.dialcover.com/home.html

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Just checked for postings by Bill over on ARF, and it's been a year since he has posted there.

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV