Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

When Is A Restoration Really A Restoration?

Wow! This kind of post opened up a LOT of eyes!! Everybody has their own idea of what a restoration should be, and I think that OK. This kind of reminds me of cooking and recipes. I've been making Gazpacho soup for a number of years and really like my own recipe... I purchased some "home made" Gazpacho yesterday to see how I'd like it and try to get an idea of what was in it. I Googled the subject last night for an hour looking for different variations other than mine. Found a few ideas and came up with a completely different variation for a new recipe to try, adding ingredients, dropping off a few and changing quantities of some. The ideas and comments here really aren't too different than what I just mentioned... Everybody has different styles, needs and opinions of what a restoration should and shouldn't include. I may now begin to replace all resistors, even if within 20% of variance, but don't see myself sanding, polishing or painting a chassis, even if it's rusted (I'll remove the rust, treat the chassis and make it presentable... to me.). Now, off to the store to buy the ingredients for that new batch of Gazpacho! :-) LOL!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Is A Restoration Really A Restoration? - by dnitram - 03-31-2012, 09:39 AM