Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-60

Anyone have the schematics for a Philco 38-60? All I could find was a pdf with a parts list and nothing more ...Thanks Doug

I dont have this model but it doesnt look like much was changed from the 37-60 same tube lineup so more than likely same chassis? Try that one to see if it will help.

I used the 37-60 schematics for mine.

ok thanks guys

Im working on a BAKELITE BLOCK CONDENSER part number 8329 SU not sure what the value is can't seem to find it.Help! Thanks Doug

Not sure if it's a different part, or maybe a missprint or smudge on your parts list, but Chuck has one listed on his site labeled 8328-su. Surf on over to the Philco repair bench and take a peek in the parts value section.

ok found it musta been a typo on the block should be a .03 mf,what can I use if I don't have a .03?

Since the older components weren't designed to the same tollarance that they are today, you've got a little fudge factor that can work to your advantage. Try to stay as close to the original value as possible, but a 10% variance won't hurt a bit & you could probably get away with as much as 20%. It's usually better to err on the high side rather than low. Remember that you can combine multiple capacitors in series or parallel to get different values if you need to.

If you combine a .02 and a .01 in parallel you will have what you need.

Thanks guys found a .03 to use she sounds greaat now! Ty