Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting pushbuttons on 46-1209 console

Hello, all. I have gotten this set playing well and did the alignment - twice, just to be sure. When I tried setting the pushbutton frequencies I found there was no response from them. Following the procedure in the service lit I got from Chuck, there is no response at all heard from the signal generator. Any ideas about what I may be missing here? It's not really a big deal, but I'd like to get the buttons working if I can. Thanks for your help.

(04-03-2012, 09:02 AM)voroush Wrote:  Hello, all. I have gotten this set playing well and did the alignment - twice, just to be sure. When I tried setting the pushbutton frequencies I found there was no response from them. Following the procedure in the service lit I got from Chuck, there is no response at all heard from the signal generator. Any ideas about what I may be missing here? It's not really a big deal, but I'd like to get the buttons working if I can. Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you need to seriously clean all the contacts on the pushbutton switch assy.

Chuck

Thanks, Chuck. I was afraid you might say that. It's true, I haven't cleaned anything about the pushbutton assembly, it's not easy to access the contact points. I'll give it a look-see tonight.