Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 18 micamold question

I'm dealing with some factory changes along with some discrepancies. A micamold cap is not on the Philco 18 drawing, but it is on the Philco 14 drawing. It's listed as .006 on that parts list and a factory change (Philco 18) lists it as .0025 but the markings on it are brown red brown. Would the markings indicate 120 mmfd?

(04-09-2012, 10:58 AM)DKinYORKpa Wrote:  I'm dealing with some factory changes along with some discrepancies. A micamold cap is not on the Philco 18 drawing, but it is on the Philco 14 drawing. It's listed as .006 on that parts list and a factory change (Philco 18) lists it as .0025 but the markings on it are brown red brown. Would the markings indicate 120 mmfd?

Where in the circuit is it??
Terry

Part 17 on the Philco 14 schematic....it comes off of the band switch.....has no effect on AM....subbing the the .006 lets the high side of the AM thru the SW......I'm midway thru the recap and AM is great, but no SW.

With ground, I'm picking up CHU Canada, so things are better. After subbing lower and higher value caps for that micamold, the micamold is the only one letting SW thru, so I resoldered it in.

On some of those older mica caps the color code is a reference to a part number and not the actual value. Makes life interesting.