Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to select replacement 33rpm changer for 47-1230

I do have a migraine, but only because I am working long hours. Bring'em on suggestions, I like that Icon_biggrin

I like the ideas, both voice of music and later Philcos. I definitely like the possibility of a 50s Philco changer that might fit in the mounting brackets of the radio. That is definitely a plus.
How does one go about changing the cartdrige?

and... do I get a transformer to adapt to the radio's input?

BTW I have been playing music out of other systems (radio, computer, mp3 player) directly into the phono input (it has an RCA-compatible plug) for a while - testing the recaped amp... I was under the impression that the arm of the D10 was stronger than modern ones. It does have its own transformer.

Next question is "where to find it"...? I have been looking at flea markets. While I can get a ton of 70s turntable, there's nothing pre-1960. The 70s ones aren't too bad, but those turntable where made to be HUGE and standalone. I doubt I can frankenstein it properly to my needs.
Oh, and I won't settle for a modern plastic turntable. The look, quality both mechanical and audio won't suit my needs. If I am to replace the changer, I'd like something that holds well.

-Mars

Messages In This Thread