Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Edison Radio

Saw this Edison R7 radio on Ebay. Item 110879184375. Looks worthy of restoration if you are in the Louisville, Ky area.

Those early Edison/Victor sets can be a booger to work on. I still have recurrent dreams about an R32 I did 30 years ago.....

No bad looking....not an expert on prices, but 100 bucks is bearable.

It's alright if you really want one, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it, other then the name it's another generic four legged console from the 1928-31 period. A radio in this sort of shape would be under $75 at a swap meet with the paper work, under $50 without, the finish is completely shot and flaking off. Most of the tubes appear to be later ST style replacements except for the Arctrus #27 tube, the set also originally had a back with a cloth in it, the frame is still there. You have to remember that even electrically restored and refinished it isn't worth $250, so the only reason to get it is because you like it, not for profit. One thing that will kill you on anything other then a local pickup is the shipping, in fact that's the number one thing that causes console sales to fall through.
Regards
Arran