Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Misterious Philco TV

Hello to everyone, first time here, and seeking help from your knowledge. Icon_waveIcon_wave
On my usual scavenging I recently saved from the garbage bin an old Philco tv set, by the looks from around '70s, and i wanted to sell it on Ebay, so that two people could profit from it. Icon_mrgreen The problem is, i couldnt find ANYTHING on this model, nothing at all. The TV, pictured below(i can do more photos if needed), is a BN112 black&white, apparently produced here in Italy, has a dozen of channels buttons, and power, volume, bright and contrast controls. It works, although with the arrivl of DTB can't receive a thing (i hooked it to a friend's SNES Icon_e_biggrin ). I'd like to get some info, if you have some, to use in my auction, and also if you could suggest me a reasonable price, since i see many exxagerated requests, as you discuss in this specific board.
If it's not the right board, i apologize.
Thanks in advance for any help you could provide!Icon_smile
[Image: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6560/philco.jpg]

I knew the Philco brand continued in South America, but wasn't aware they had a European presence. Sorry, can't help you out with any info.

Well, i remember Philco advertising from when i was little, but didn't know they actually were built here in Italy too. On another auction i saw a tv with almost identical chassis but another brand, so it might be one of those "build the same product for many brands", but didn't think it happened at the time too.