Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

40-88 battery

Can anyone please tell me what type of battery eliminator
I can use for this. I can not tell from the schematic I have what the voltages I have. I think it is a 90v, 1 1/2 v but am unsure.

thanks
Chris

Chris, if indeed it is a 90/1.5 V battery is is quite easy and inexpensive to build an A/C power supply and incase it in a box. Cover with graphics and it looks stock, other than an A/C cord coming out with an in-line switch on it.
I have done 2 of these and they were fun to build. Maybe $30 for all parts, most for the aluminium box and the the board. The other option is to buy a bunch of nine volt batteries and hook together for a total of 90V and a couple C cells for the 1.5. I always thought that was messy and I don't like replacing batteries. Attached is a pix of what I made for a couple of farm radios.
Jerry

[Image: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129...Radio2.jpg]

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Nice job Jerry!!!
Terry

Thanks Terry, why someone wants to hook up all those batteries, well, one set plus something to mount them in, and if your going to use it, it gets a little pricey. The A/C power supply works very nicely and the radio shown, plays very nicely, with no hum at all. Wish I would have saved the graphics, it came from some U.K. website. Seems it has been closed down.
I'm certain someone saved this stuff. All parts I purchased from Mouser. The aluminum box was within fractions of an inch of the original battery. Had to do a little work on the computer to size properly. Making the female connector was easy. A piece of brass tubing and a small piece of thin plywood. An enjoyable project that worked well.

Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Let me dig around a bit I should have the grafics on CD. I downloaded them a while back.
Terry

Philcofan - yes, the original voltage of the battery was 1-1/2 volts for the "A" (filament) supply and 90 volts for the "B" side.

Jerry - I agree with Terry, nice work! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN