Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pilot Lamp Source?

On their site, they mention flat-top and concave lens. In their description, they mention that the concave lens have Wide angle (170 degrees) and their flat top lens have Medium Angle (120 degrees). Not sure what the frosted lens would do. I guess it spreads the light more equally or something.

The white ones could be either colder (bluer) or warmer (yellower) and they should mention it, I am surprised they don't. Where I get mine locally (Starburst is the biggest Canadian coin-up distributor) they don't store yellow because most people just use warm white, but if you ask white they specifically ask what white you want.

Being that I have contacts locally for coin-up parts, I rarely order online. But a place that I hear a lot is cointaker.com
Here's some that might be interesting because of the "glass bulb look" (they name it retro just for that)
notice how they differentiate between cool white and warm white
http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=150

(I realize the bulb makes it a bit more expansive...)

-Mars

Thanks for the info Mars! I just ordered some retro's, super brights, and ultra brights in both cool and warm white to experiment with. When Pinball Life gets more white LED's in stock I'll try them too since they are quite a bit cheaper.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Keep us updated about your findings.!

-Mars