Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 45C Bakelite Blocks

I am working on restoring my 45C Butterfly radio and have just started rebuilding the bakelite blocks. When I looked up the blocks on the website I can find the 3793 E ok but I also have a 4989 Z and a 4989 AM showing on the schematic. I don't find either one of those on the workbench website. Am I missing something? I can probably do this without the information but I like printing the info out and having it in front of me while I'm working on the set. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Frank

Frank,

The Philco Repair Bench part listing for bakelite block condensers is not all inclusive - just the types used in earlier models.

The cap values in your blocks are given in the parts listing in the service info.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,it is such an excellent resource. Just using it as a crutch I guess. Didn't know it wasn't all inclusive. Yes I have the parts values.I was kind of making a little cheat sheet for every one I have rebuilt so far and printing a copy of the diagram as shown for each block with notes for my own library.

Thanks again,

Frank

No problem. I does state, however, at the top of the Parts page that the listings are not all inclusive.

Icon_smile

Chuck