Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting on Philco 111 More Questions & Pics

My CRS was at it again. (Can't remember s__t.)

Agree about location of trouble. Can't hurt to replace the mica caps with modern replacements, they have been known to go bad.

Thanks TA, have the label posted now for the back of the shield. Still waiting to see if someone can post a picture of the top label with the tube layout. Even if cruddy, it can probably be cleaned up and posted for posterity on Ron's site. Come on gang, someone has to have a label they can shoot a picture of.
Regards, Jerry

PS: I have receive the new mica caps associated with the area. Waiting to receive the rewind of the detector coil and first see if that helps anything.

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Jerry,

Apparently my 111 is missing the shield that you mention. I take it that it goes across the back shielding the 224s kind of like in a 70 or 90? Do you have a picture?

Here is a picture of mine - sorry, cell phone does not know what focus means. It does work great though with just a 4 ft chunk of wire for an antenna. It is a keeper.

Nice looking finish and nice radio Phlog. Yes, you are missing the tube shield. Take a look at page 2 of this thread and you will see what it looks like. Surprised you don't get a little oscillation from the tubes interacting. Same shield as on my 112 probably other early Philcos as well. If you find one, I have the label for the back of it, looking now for one for the top.
Take care, Jerry

PS: an addition, Phlog, what a lovely set of globe tubes. Shows nice without the shield. Dang pretty looking.

Finishing touches for this long thread. Received the rewound detector coil from Ron yesterday and installed it. Wow, this radio really does rock the garage. All the "lightning" sounds have disappeared, the coil must have been arcing. Just a alignment to check but last night I was receiving San Francisco and LA clearly. Maybe I should't even play with alignment! Final picture to be posted when I get the cabinet finished and the radio installed.
Regards, Jerry

Jerry

With Debbie's help - well, actually, she's doing most of this job with my help - we've started separating all of my Philco paper by year and will be filing it accordingly in a large file cabinet I have acquired for the purpose.

Going through my stuff, I discovered that the tube layout sticker I thought I had for a 111/112 was, instead, for a 96.

Just letting you know I did not forget about the 111/112 tube layout sticker...but as it turns out, I don't have one after all.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron, I can't thank you enough. Thanks Debbie for looking. I do believe this will be the most rare of the philco graphic. I can't believe you were still looking! It's been a while and I have given up on it. Thanks so much for keeping my need in mind.
Jerry.

Not certain if I ever posted the finished pictures of my 111 but thought I would slap them in here. This is my phavorite Philco. Mostly due to the introduction of superhet and being the kissing cousin of my 112 in another room. Just love the look of it and the performance and sound. All but the top is absolutely original. The top had to be taken down due to some really bad water stains through the finish. Possibly a little light in color from the original but I love the looks and history of this radio.
Jerry

[Image: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129...001-13.jpg]

[Image: http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129...002-10.jpg]

Thanks for all your help.