Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trimmer adjuster

Anyone know where I can get me a trimmer adjuster, which is a 1/4" socket made out of plastic or some non-metal non-magnetic stuff?
Regular socket won't do, and I am trying to tune my Philco 80 backside trimmer caps.

Morzh, I made mine and showed details in the first forum on Philco radio discussions. The last page I believe of my thread on my 111 rebuild. Seems to work.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Agree, will probably have to make one, or maybe luck out and find one where someone is selling old test equipment/tools.

While I was waiting for answers, I simply took a 'large plastic wall anchor, heated it with a Milwaukee gun and stuck the appropriate size nut inside, and let it cool off. Then I used it as the socket.

Long term, I think I will trake a piece of plastick stick, will heat the same nut, and jam it in the end of it, and then will use that. May be drill a hole across and insert a metak rod to make it easier to rotate.

What I found, I was able top use my metal socket, but then I had to rotater and retract to see the real effect.
The rotate - retract was only needed at the high end of scale adjustment and IF adjustmentl at the low end of scale the effect did not change whether I kept the socket in or removed it.

It is doable, just not convenient.

Mortz, certainly more than one way to skin a cat.
Jerry

Jerry

Can you give the link, I can't find it in that thread.

Here you go Morzh, this should go to page 2. It was part of my rambling on repair of my 111.
Jerry

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...078&page=2

Yes, the metal driver will give a false reading until you pull it back out.