Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-25 dial cord diagram

Just when I thought I was going to stop buying and concentrate on restoring what I have....I found a 39-25 in a local antique shop. Cabinet is in excellent condition. All knobs there, missing the dial cover plastic. The wire leading to the dial lamp has been replaced, and it has a new power cord so someone has been in there before. The original pushbuttons were wrapped up in a baggie and stuffed inside the cabinet. They are petrified of course. I haven't had time yet to take it apart and see what I have gotten myself into. The dial cord and pointer are gone. (seems to be a trend, the last 3 radios I have bought were missing dial cords and pointers). I can make the pointer, but does anyone have a source for a dial cord diagram? The schematic on N.A. does not show it as some of them do. Thanks

Oh yeah, the vendor was asking $69.50 (why the 50 cents???) got it for $40.00. Hope I didn't get hosed too bad.

You probably have your 39-25 back together again by now, but I just did a diagram from the 39-25 I picked up.  

[Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lpkpalmml6460....jpg?raw=1]

You're right it's together and working well but I do appreciate the drawing. I'll print it out and keep it for further reference. Someone else may need it one day. I finally just stared at it for a couple of days (and a few beverages) and came to a solution that worked. Hardest part was figuring out how many times to wrap it around the tuning shaft.

My diagram shows only 1 turn but I suspect it was at least 2 to provide the right level of friction on the shaft...do you recall?

I do not remember exactly, but I'm thinking it was 4. I remember trying 2,3, and it slipped. I remember trying 6 but it wouldn't turn. I know it was a pain.

OK thanks. It may depend on ether length of cord used. Mine was only 1 or 2 turns at most.

Do you still have a copy or image of the Philco 39-25 dial cord diagram?
Thank You Icon_biggrin  Icon_biggrin
ABV

ABV..yep..
I updated the image in the earlier post so its visible again.