Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 610

I'm looking at a model 610 for less than $100. The cabinet looks good and it will have to be restored to get it to work.Does this sound like a good deal? What can you guys tell me about this set?

Thanks,
Eric

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a five-tube, three band set. For what it is, it gets good reception on all bands with a good antenna.

Thanks, TA I'm going to go for it.

Eric

Offer them as little as possible for it, I wouldn't pay a full $100 for any five tube set needing refinishing and does not play, they were a good entry level AC set but like most 5 tube sets they are not hard to find.
Regards
Arran

One thing this 610B has going for it is that it appears to have the original toning, or else someone refinished it and tried to get the original two-color toning right (hard to really tell from the thumbnail). I have seen so many 610B sets that have been stripped and refinished in a single color...it's nice to see a proper looking two-toned 610B for a change.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The 610 is nice entry level set easy to work on and will give good performance. I like them! Price is a bit stiff.
Terry

The price kept going up so I passed on it. Maybe the next one.

What do you mean that the price kept going up? Was this a private sale you were working on or some auction? If you want a Philco tombstone set from around this period see if you can get a 620, 630, 640, or even a 650, or a 116. Generally speaking the average guy doesn't know the difference between a 5 tube set like a 610 and a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 tube set so superior performance doesn't necessarily equal a superior price.
Regards
Arran

It was on ebay. Thanks for the information. I now have a better idea of what to look for.

Eric