Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-62 restoration

Bob, that radio chassis looks great. I wouldn't mess with it. Nice job on the "old lady", she should show a little of her age. As for the TV chassis, that looks terribly nice. I can't imagine doing that deep a teardown but then again, it looked like it had seen a lot of mouse activity. You are very talented.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Thanks! That TV chassis was by far the nastiest project I've tackled so far. Under the mouse droppings, I found deep corrosion. Almost right through the chassis in areas. That's why I used primer and bondo to fill it in. The set isn't particularly valuable or anything - I just wanted to see if I could do it Icon_smile

Bob,

You do really nice work. After following your You Tube videos on this same radio, it's nice to see the "book" version. I always learn something when I watch/read about your restorations.

I liked your method for fixing the cabinet break. I never would have guessed it would work so well. That radio is going to look beautiful when you're done.

Tom

Thanks! I'll throw up a video on the cabinet restoration when it's a little further along.