Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-380 candholm

A while back a 42-380 I have been working on smoked the bias resistor part number 33-3393-1 . I found a parts chassis and the bias resistor from it is marked 33-3393-3. It is made a little different than the original physically. My crummy sears volt ohm meter is not working, so I can't get a good reading until Tuesday when I get to work. Can anyone tell me if these two parts are interchangeable electrically? Thanks.[/i]

Well it doesn't matter now anyway. Got to work where I have known good meters and both read the same...the 15 ohm resistor reads 15-18 ohms, the 31 ohm resistor reads 46-52 ohms and the 146 ohm resistor reads open. The parts chassis 6X5 tube was the only bad tube and it's toast. Makes sense the 146 ohm side is open as it's first in line after the rectifier tube I guess. I'll be making a replacement for the resistor strip.

Well, better replace the electrolytic and paper caps too before you "fire it up" again. Enough has been said about the 6X5 already. A couple of 10 cent diodes little larger value voltage divider and a fuse will do you.