Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Firestone S-7399-1

Stopped in at a shop on the way home this afternoon and picked up a cheap Firestone console radio for $20. It has issues though. The speaker, antenna, and dial pointer all all missing. I wouldn't have gone for it, but it was cheap and I have been wanting a Firestone console for years. I have only seen two others around here. One was a console my friend hurt his back on and let get ruined in the rain, and the other was a beat up console at a yard sale. I really wish I could have gotten the Dumont TV they had there, but it was already sold. In great condition with a huge round CRT that looked to be at least 27 inches! Guess she put it up on Facebook and it sold the same day. Icon_eek

No matter where you go, there you are.

And WHO was it that was saying that there were no radios to be had locally???????Icon_winkIcon_biggrin

Radios ALWAYS come around, sooner or later......

Well, there are usually no higher end radios like the 15 tube Zeniths, Philcos, and RCAs to be had. Actually, I was surprised to find this radio in the shop that I did because she usually specializes in only 1950s and 1960s type stuff. Most radios you find around here now are postwar sets and several of those were just recently owned by me and my friend. There's a dealer going around here grabbing all of those up he can and he cleaned out most of my friend's pre and postwar radio collection.

No matter where you go, there you are.