Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

116X cap question

Working on a 116x. Does the 10uf e-cap that's part of part #103 get connected negative to chassis, or is this one in backwards positive to chassis?

[Image: http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501...d3fbbe.jpg]

And are the two 8uf caps #104, and the other side of #103 connected positive to the choke?

-Keith

The 10uf is the negative bias filter, and is connected positive to chassis.

The two 8uf caps are positive to the choke, negative to the center tap of the power transformer.

Keith, the thing to remember is, the center tap of the HV winding is the most negative point in the whole radio, everything else is more positive, including the chassis.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

Thanks Brenda/Steve.

I was guessing that the 10uf was positive to chassis, but I didn't want to move forward on a guess. Thank you for helping me out.

-Keith

103 has plus to the chassis.
The rule is - the most negative point in the whole schematic is the rectifier negative output which is in case of the centertapped arrangement is the center-tap itself. ANYTHING else is positive relative to it, including the chassis. So when the chassis is decoupled towards the centertap, the plus goes to the chassis, as again, nothing is more negative than the centertap.