Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Huh? I lost the signal over 1200 AM on my 42-355!

Just happened this afternoon. Anyone have any ideas on what may have failed to cause me to lose the signal on stations over 1200 AM? All the other stations before 1200 (550 - 1190) come in great, but it's puzzling to me why I can't get the local station anymore at 1470 AM, which is always the strongest signal. Any help from the experts here would be most appreciated.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

A hair or a piece of dust sticking or whatever between the rotor and stator of your variable capacitor is your most likely suspect. Probe with a piece of paper to dislodge it.

Thanks, codefox1, that's exactly what it must've been. After I cleaned out the variable capacitor, it worked like a charm. It was strange how it happened... I was listening to it this morning and it worked fine. Went to turn it back on after lunch and it was dead on the upper end of the dial. Oh well, it gave me a chance to finally set the pushbuttons to a few local stations that I'd been meaning to do for some time now, so all was not lost. I appreciate your help!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Yupp.