Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

48-1262 no sound

In a previous post, I complained of low voltage. I replaced the 50 x 6, and the voltages came up just fine, though a little high. I also replaced one resistor that was open. All I hear now from the speaker is a dull hum.

I performed the oscillator test with guidance from the manual, and the voltage readings are .02 instead of the required -3.3 to 4.2 (if I did it correctly); ohms at the coil read 3.0. Voltages on the 14AF7 are good at the test points.

The trouble shooting guide Section 4 says for the osciallator test says to "connect the negative lead of the voltmeter through a 100K ohm resistor to osciallator grid, test point D."

My question is where does the 100K ohm resistor attach? As I read the instructions, it looks like I attach it to an alligator clip lead in line. Is that correct?

If this checks out ok, I will move to the audio transformer, but as Scarlett O'hara said, "tomorrow is another day."

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Terry

Positive lead of the meter to the negative side of the filter capacitors. The 100K resistor connects between your negative lead and pin 4 of the 14AF7.

Thanks Jim. I think I did this correctly last night, but I will check again on Monday. If my voltages are low, is there another check I can do to see why they are low and what parts may be bad?