Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1950 Philco 12" tv.

I have a 1950 12" table top Philco tv with a plastic screen on front, which is the mask, missing mask, and screws to it. Can someone find me a good original? thanks. Icon_smile

"If it lights in the dark and leaves you with a warm glow it's tubes."

"Honey, did you warm the baby bottle on my 75 watt hi-fi again?"
"I left it somewhere, but, where?"

If it's a 50T1400 series, any of the masks should work. As far as screws, I would use brass bugle head wood screws. Try placing a classified ad on the ETF website. There are still plenty of these sets out there. I'll also keep my eyes out.

Visit the world's worst TV restoration website.

http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com

Hi. Just got back. Had log in problems. I'll put an ad in, but, it's a plastic screen with four holes in it. It screws to front of case. The actual mask, which is also missing, is inside the case.
Thanks.
Bill Cahill Icon_smile

Which specific model do you have? IIRC, the 50T1400 has a clear mask, while the 1403 has part of the mask painted white. A pic would help here. I will keep my eyes open. Perhaps one can be found at the ETF convention. If yours is the 1400 series, this part should not be that hard to find. If you wish, email me some pics of the set.

Thanks. How much time before the meet? I can do the pics sometime this week. Let me know how much time I have to supply the pics. This is the model with hump top, and, very rounded corners. No grill cloth in front. Only wood.
I think this model used the plain plastic with the mask behind the cabinet. There is space between the cabinet and front of picture tube.
Bill Cahill

Bill, you have plenty of time. The convention isn't until May. I have a good connection in Cleveland. It's possible he may have something you could use.

Hello Bill,
I am going to restore my 51pt1207 12in philco bakelite set before the end of the year .
sincerely Radio Rich

Lost my link here. Just found it again. I guess I missed the show.
I'll take a picture of the front of the set next week, and, e mail it to you, Dave....
I'll also post the picture here. I also need the back cover, and, the channel selctor plate with numbers.
This is the set that had a clear mask, and, some sort of escutcheon for front of pix. tube inside the case. That is also missing.....
Bill Cahill