Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dead Tube Tester

Well, my old Knight Tube Tester died on me a few days back. Was testing some tubes when it started to act erratic and then the needle went all the way to zero and stayed there. Tubes quit lighting on it and even the lights on the tester dimmed and started to flicker. So, it appears I will be on the look for a new tester in the near future. I want to find one that does all the tubes from the 20s clear up through the late compactrons if possible. What make would work the best and what prices should I expect to see?

No matter where you go, there you are.

Jayce,

Moved this topic here for more exposure.

Chuck

Jayce

The way you described it die, it should be something potentially easily repairable. Sounds like some bad contact.

Should be a whole lot easier to diagnose than a radio!

Unless it is an excuse to buy a Hickok 539 Icon_lol

I am wondering if it can be repaired. Oddly, the radio guys I know around here will not even try to repair a tester when something goes wrong with it, so thought once one was dead that was it. Of course of the transformer in mine died...

No matter where you go, there you are.

Jayce
You troubleshoot radios, and those are an order of magnitude more complex than any tube tester. Give it a shot, what do you got to lose?