Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Kutztown Scores

Aside from the 12 pushbuttons (the 42-400 has 10), the metal faceplates otherwise look the same, with the same dial glass also. It'll look really nice all lit up! Congrats on the 42-1015. Awesome Icon_thumbup

That 39-770 looks like it's one of the Tropic Models with a tuning indicator light, if that's what the hole in the escutcheon is for bellow the dial glass. It's strange that those were the only Philco models that came with that feature, they were very common on some Rogers and Rogers built sets between 1934-36, less complicated then a shadow meter and arguably more responsive then a Magic Eye. The way they work is that the light goes dim when you tune the set to a station, at least that's how it works on my Rogers Ten-60. Philco must have had a different department engineer their Tropic models as they seem to be almost completely different from their domestic U.S models for some reason.

I am surprised at how good the wood & finish is on your 200x, compared to the state of the grillcloth. Like someone poked the cloth on purpose or something. I've seen radios in worst condition with better grillcloth!

I like the look of that cabinet. Can't wait for you to post pictures of it once you worked your magic!

-Mars

I bought a 90 console that way. The owners son just felt it was necessary to poke a finger through the grill cloth and speaker cone.

You bought some beautiful radios Ron Icon_thumbup

Is that 200X grille cloth suppose to curve at the bottom? If so, how is that accomplished???

Phlogiston: I am lucky, my son somehow is more interested by the buttons than the grill cloth. Its the cat that was interested by the speakers. I am glad I got him out of that bad habit.

But even kid damage isn't generally that bad.

-Mars

WOW!!!!!

Icon_thumbupIcon_thumbupIcon_clapIcon_wave

Yes those stations are out of Philly and Ny
Terry

Sure like that 42-1015 Icon_thumbup   Nice cabinet.

Wow Ron good pickups to your collection. Was Kutztown busy this weekend?

It was the best one I've gone to in the last 4yrs
Terry

Nice collection additions, Ron.  I would have liked to come out and see everyone, but I'm in the middle of my domestic Habitat/Delta home build.  From start to finish, an 1100 square foot 4 bedroom ranch in 15 working days!  Take care, Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Well,

All I can say is hmmmmmmmmmmm........

You were there and I never got to meet you?   Icon_cry

I had a mint 44B I wanted to give you too...  Icon_twisted

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

This thread is well over a year old. No, I was not at Kutztown in September 2014. This thread was started by me back in May 2013 after the one (and so far, only) time I have been able to attend the big party.

If you want to discuss "finds" from this Fall's (09/2014) event, then somebody, please, start a new thread to avoid confusion.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN