Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't leave well enough alone-48-482

Eric

This is what was trying to get from you....Icon_smile - when you said "I have the correct tool" when asked about the kind of screwdriver you use, I then assumed that you were touching it with an insulated / nonmagnetic screwdriver.

Sure you will get all kinds of things happening when touching just about anything in your radio with a metal tool.

Mondial is correct, it may be acting as an antenna.

It wouldn't hurt to check for the cold solder anyway, but I think somehow you knocked your cap out of alignment.....

1. So, when you turn (not just touch) the cap with the INSULATED screwdriver, can you try to get the signal? That is can the trimmer be made to put through any signal at all?

2. Could you by chance knock BOTH resonant tanks out of alignment, not just one?

3. Have you in fact checked the preceding circuitry, the three 7H7 tubes and their HF transformers? Could something have happened there? It almost sounds that somehow the signal does not even get to the detector tube.

Thanks Morzh, I get no signal at all unless I touch it with the metal screwdriver. This is the only can I touched. The reason I dug into it was because the trimmer stopped responding and then quit. I'll check those things and get back to you.

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org