Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring my 37-116. It plays now!

Yeah I was about to ask you about that quick cleaning thing, forgot what it was called but you beat me to it - thanks, so it is GoJo.

Where is it sold?

As for the handles, I did clean them with WIndex some, they do look better; the white sheet you see is mostly reflection but yes, there is some dirt left there in the knurling.

the sound is AWESOME!!!!!

I know PEP boys has it. Never clean Bakelite with ammonia it will damage the surface of the Bakelite. If used enough it will remove the shine and leave it streaky. Don't ask me how I know
Terry

I have Pep Boys close by.

So, 1) do I apply it with 0000 steelwool or just cloth?
2) Do I also need Briwax with it?

I would just use a rag for starters. On your set the finish still looks pretty good. If it was worst shape with lots of sm cracks in the lacquer I wouldn't use the steel wool. In that case the steel wool would tend to chip away at the finish. Next time you see some 4/0 pick it up and give it a try!
I don't know if you can get Briwax over here as I think it's made in the UK. Best I remember it's pigmented wax. I think I would give Howards a try.
Terry[/font]

Which actual Howards product?

Like Feed'n'Wax?

Nah I think it's weed and feed. I don't remember.
Terry

Off to the PepBoys - they are 4 miles away, sell unsanded GoJo.
WIll try it tonight or tomorrow morning.
I hope it does not stink.....need to try it in house.

Not much smell but that's from a guy that sprays paint all day.
Terry

Yes, Feed n Wax. It's my favorite now, not JUST for radios.

TA

What, do you use it as hair conditioner also? Icon_lol

Clancy left the barbershop
with tonic in his hair
he walked into the pool room
and he met O'Reilly there
O'Raille says, "For goodness sake
now do I smell perfume?"
before you could stack
your cue in the rack
Clancy lowered the boom

Oh....forgot, just got me a quart of GoJo with no pumice.
Will try tomorrow.

But never-the-less,
When trouble would press,
Clancy lowered the boom!
I fine old song!!!
I have the Alice Faye
version here on a
few of there radio shows
(Phil Harris/Alice Faye Show.)
Highly recommend their show.
Most are real Nee slappers!!
Ran '46-'53. '49-'51 are the best!!!
Very Funny
Terry

I listen to 40-s on my satellite radio almost every day when going to work or coming back whike in the car. They repeat themselves often, but then I still like it. But once in a while they come up with a new programming.

Applied GoJo today.
It improved things a lot.
But there is some residue on the right side that it did not take off. Could be anything from a fruit juice or coffee and milk and to dried up oatmeal.....will need to find out how to take that off.

I wonder if this is where the steel wool 4/0 comes in and helps as I used cloth.

You might try putting the GO-JO a bit thicker in that area and leave it go for 15-20 mins before rubbing. That may loosen it up a bit.
Terry