Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-8 no stations

ok, working on a 38-8. total recap, currently have shadow meter bypassed because the coil is open on it. fired up the set. no stations. I assume antenna should be connected to "red" terminal on back.
voltages on the tubes ( for the voltages I have #s for) check out ok.

I can put the signal gen on the red terminal and tune the sig gen to say 700 and I can tune the radio to 700 and there is my tone. I can tune both to other places on the dial and the tone is where it should be.

Now circuits appear to be working but something obviously is not or I would get stations.

What am I missing. bad tube?

I have cleaned the band switch.

You asked the right question: bad tube?

Have you checked your tubes?

not yet, be coming soon to a radio near me....

Well,

As a person who spent half his life troubleshooting electronic systems for a living there is just one piece of advice I can dispense: don't try to figure out what is not working until all your major low-count components are proven.

yeah normally i do first but had skipped that portion ( stupid me) as I have rarely run into bad ones.
I had a bad 6K7 now I have some more issues in the antenna circuit but it is playing now.

Well, that's a start!
Glad to hear it's playing! The rest will be easy Icon_smile

now on to the antenna coil check and to clean the band switch some more and see if that fixes the issue.