Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

preset labels for 38-3XX?

Hello, all. I just bought my first Philco console on Monday, a 38-3XX, for $40 (along with a 1953 Admiral 5D31 radio/phonograph, a Webcor "Magic Mind" record changer, and several 78RPM records from the 1940's-1950's). The cabinet is in decent shape, and the chassis is not rusty, though the dial glass is broken, several tubes are missing along with the top center dial lamp socket, and the power cord is cut. It is also missing several knobs (the band-switch lever and the three knobs at the bottom of the panel). All are easily remedied, however.

One item I am not so certain is easily fixed, though, is that the preset windows are all empty, of both preset labels and the covers for them. Does anybody make repros that would be correct for this set?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. The radio looks like it could be...interesting...to work on...Icon_confused

Don't think so. The only thing I can think of is using some old dial material and some rub on lettering.
Terry

Would water-slide decals work as well as rub-on? I'd like to print them out on my laser printer, and water slide decal material seems to be a bit easier to find.

For that matter, what are those preset labels supposed to look like?

I made my own by scanning one of the old one to get the color and picking a fount close to original that I had drew around the original and cover it with clear packing tape on both sides and cut it out did all of them so they would look alike if you would like I could send you one and you could make your own if you pm with address.

It's in the mail.

Thanks! Much appreciated!