Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can anyone id this Philco TV?

Here's a pic of yours truly in a younger day, around 1967--ready to mess ya up with a book... Icon_lol

That TV in the background is what got me interested in tubes. I'd love to know what model it is. I CAN tell you it's a black and white console with the infamous Philco Cool Chassis.

And I can tell you it was a turd. According to my parents, the inline fuse kept failing at the most inconvenient of times.

Any ideas?

Bill
[Image: http://users.mw.net/~bmorris/billbookthrow.jpg]

BM,

Good luck with finding the model number of this set. Old TV's like this and others are just not in the same classification as old radios. Model numbers are out there, but there doesn't seem to be alot of folks that have that material commited to memory like old Philco collectors.

I found an old Zenith TV much like the one my parents had as a kid. I being around the same age as you couldn't resist having one on Ebay and local, however someone else wanted it more, and I need not say anymore. My point is look on Ebay or other resources on the Internet. Old sets like that tend to go, and cheap, and with their descriptions go model numbers. It's too bad not many appreciate old TV sets like old radios. Here in Chicago they're practically thrown out. I have several good ones working that are just about given away.

73 de,

Gary/N9VU