Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco T9

Two weeks ago I found at a antique shop. A Philco T9. The radio works.But as with all old multiband anlog radios, it needs to have a realignment done to it. A outside antenna is out of the question for the radio. The best I can do is have an inside wire antenna, which works better than the whip antenna that is on the radio . Would a MFJ-1020C indoor active antenna help or would it damage the radio? The power for the radio is six "D" size batteries only. I found very little information on this radio on the internet. My radio has a date of "1-18-62" stamped on the chassis.

The T-9 is their first transistorized multiband radio. I have schematics somewhere if you'd like a copy.

Details of the MFJ-1020C active antenna may be found at http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.p...=MFJ-1020C .

Interesting. The active antenna connects to the receiver via coaxial cable (an SO-239 connector is provided for that purpose).

I don't see how it would damage the T9, but it does introduce an additional tuning control - you have to tune the active antenna as well as the radio to receive the desired signal.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Batterymaker: Yes I would like a copy of the schematics for my Philco'sT9.I will pay the cost of mailing it. Let me when you find it, so I can e-mail you my mailing address. Thank you.

Ron: Thank you for the information. It was just an idea being I have no way of set up an outside anntena.

You can contact me at batterymaker at gmail dot com.

Bill

Batterymaker: Send an e-mail to my e-mail address: nanquinn@northnet.org . I try to get into gmail, I don't have the time to set up a usename and password for a web site that I only going to use one time. Dam, everytime I turn round I have to setup a usename and password just to ask for information on something. Bill Quinn

Did you get a schematic? If not, I can send a copy of the original Philco service information. Need your mailing address.

Don: I did not get the schematic. My mailing address: Bill Quinn//POBox 21//649 State Rt.11//Moira, N.Y. 12957-0021. Mail me a copy of the schematic and service information. Now to find someone to do realignment on it. Thank you, Bill

Bill:

I will get it copied and sent off by Friday afternoon. I worked at Philco when the T-9 was introduced. The alignment is straight forward and will come out OK as long as the radio is operating properly to start. I've done several. I am sure there are some others on the forum who would be glad to help as well. An accurate signal generator is essential.

Don

Looks like you're taken care of--by someone who was there!

Here's a pic for all of you--my T9 with a row of repro Philco battery covers!

[Image: http://users.mw.net/~bmorris/t9interior.jpg]

Batterymaker:Nice picture,thank you. Bill

T-9 service notes mailed Friday AM.

Don

Need someone who known how to realignment a Philco T9 and may need other work done on the radio. Have copy of service manual.

March 6, Guess no one wants the job of realignment of my radio. Ok, take care and thanks for the information.