Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Truetone

Greetings all:

Would anyone have or know of a manufacturer cross reference for the Trutone sets sold at Western Auto Stores?

I have an early one made by Detrola, it has many clues, I do not know if any one has a list. I am now looking for a manufacturer on a 2622. I think they had several suppliers.Icon_confused

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Hi Paul,

I have a schematic and service data for a Western Auto model D2622. It doesn't say anything about a manufacturer.

Tubes are 12SA7, 12SK7, 12SQ7, 50L6GT, 35Z5GT.

Not sure if this helps any.

Jim

Paul, you know all about AA5's as you demonstrated last week on the show. Now what is the question?

Hello, Paul: When I restored my D697 I went to the Wells Gardner schematics and found some good stuff.

Since your set is a Detrola, recommend going to the detrola schematics.

Also, try the cross-reference site on the www.gillecloth.com site, it often will help you find what you are looking for.

Thank u all, really nothing but curious who made this puppy. It plays very strong, I got it off a fellow collector. The cabinet is too large really for the AA5 but it is a very solid set. It is aligned right on and is pretty sensitive at nite with just the Stratoscope antenna. it has 3 original tubes and is one of the cleanest chassis of any set I have.

I have heard that a well aligned set can be quite sensitive, perhaps this explains why some 5 tubers are mezza mezza and some seem to outperform their design.

I have seen cross references for makers of Silvertones and thought such a list may exist for Trutone.

Paul

Tubetalk1