Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

power Transformer

my 38-116 has been rewired for a 5u4 I order a 5x4 for it. How is the best to take it apart to change it back to a 5x4?

Why not just leave it?? The 5u4 is an easier tube to get than the 5X4.
Terry

Well I all ready order one and the next owner that replaces it will wonder why the 5x4 doesn't work.

Agree, 5U4 easier to get

You can find the pinouts here:

http://www.nj7p.info/

If (and only if) pins 2,3,and 5 of the rectifier socket have no connections, you can jumper 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 2 and 7. Then 5X4G or 5U4G should work. Someone may already have done this, so check it out.

Thanks

If its not wired that it will be.

how is the best way to get to bottom of the tube socket its mounted on top of the power transformer?

You'll have to remove the nuts that hold the transformer to the chassis, then the ones that hold the two side of the bell to the transformer. Remove the bolts from the transformer. Then you can lift the top half of the bell away from the transformer. But be careful not to put too much tension on the wires where they exit the core.

thanks

that's what I though but was hopping there was a easy way to change it like unbending the tabs on the ring around the tube socket but I guess not didn't want to take chassis if I didn't have to it is so heavy but it might all ready be wired for 5x4 or 5u4 will check that first.

Well, Mr Ohm might help you out, No?

Mr Ohm should do the job.