Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Predicta Princess Question

I need to transport on my own a Predicta Princess TV I just bought. Do any of you know with this particular model is it possible to remove the picture tube from the case, and can this be done without allot of disassembly or ruining of the set?

Appreciate any info.

Thank you,

Gary

73 de,

Gary/N9VU

Hi Gary

I have never worked on a Predicta, believe it or not. If you are looking to remove the entire picture tube housing assembly from the cabinet, I suspect that might be a bit tricky.

A friend of mine has transported these intact for up to 100 miles with no problems. I think he laid his face down on a thick blanket.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron offered good advice. Transporting TVs is most always best with the face of the picture tube down on a soft blanket. Make sure you put something under the cabinet to keep weight off the controls and knobs.

Thanks guys for the advice. Others have given me the same advice, do not take the set apart just to transport by car, which is what I plan on doing. There'll be plenty of blankets and packing material. I have to travel about 200 miles to get this thing, but am willing to go the distance to insure safe arrivea.

73 de,

Gary/N9VU