Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Identify this Aircastle

I think it's an A31. Can anyone confirm this?

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Aircastle's are tough to identify. I had this one back in the mid - late 1980's, and never could find a model number on it. Or year of manufacture. My best guess was somewhere between 1933-1936. The cabinet on mine (and pardon the bad picture but it's all I have) is very similar to the one you have. In fact the only difference I see, based on the details I remember, is in the grille work, and that yours has a round dial where mine had a square one. I should've kept it, but sold it by the early 1990's, along with a 1937 Crosley, two Coronado's, and a 1950 Zenith console to make room for more Philco's Icon_e_biggrin

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

I'm in the same boat.. I've just got too many. I hate to sell this one, but I'm going to have to. It sure plays great. Like you said, no model number anywhere. Radio Museum brings up A31 when I input the tubes, but I can't find any photos of an A31 online to confirm it.

Why not list the set you wish to sell in "For Sale or Trade" on this forum. I've got too many too, but there are a lot who don't feel they have enough.

I might end up doing that. The wife mentioned something about putting it on Ebay, so I'll leave it up to her.

She thinks the idea of going to Kutztown is cool, so I'm being as cooperative as possible Icon_smile I'm sure I can find something at Kutztown to replace the Aircastle. Icon_smile Icon_smile

I had an Air Castle similar to that a few years back, but forget the model number. I traded it off later when I had a slip of sanity. Wish I had it now.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Yeah, go to Kutztown, travel in your smallest vehicle lest you be tempted............. Naw, bring the truck!

Take the Aircastle to Kuntztown and either sell or trade it there for something else. Why help fleabay make another billion dollars, they don't do much to deserve it?
Regards
Arran