Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

antenna

hi guys
here is my problem
I live in condo bottom floor. next to train tracks and local fm radio tower. have wr6 connected ground to water pipe ran 50 foot wire out door on ground radio barely picks up am volume very low hums,pops,motor boats but 10 min down road in metal garage short ground wire to electric box and 5 foot cable picks lot of stations ( God and Spanish Icon_sad )sounds great and had volume I tried radiola18 same thing what can I do for better antenna ? solid cable or strand cable ? better to ground to water or electric ? Icon_crazy
thanks sam

Has the set been serviced?? Sound more like radio problem than an antenna. Set shouldn't be motorboating and the like if it working properly.
Terry

Could be interference in the condo too. Wall warts are notorious for causing radio noise. Try plugging into a different socket.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

hi guys
terry radios were serviced both sound same in house but if I take to work and use they sound great no static between stations lots volume and stations. thinking about running wire up to roof like you said but 3 stories and no ladder
puhpow only has 3 circuits for entire house. tried same thing. I know walls and ceiling have metal slats in them as older houses had wood. and all the fm radios I have had would only pick up local bleeding talk radio 101.5 and all most no other stations
sam

If you can get to the roof and make an antenna there, and run a coax downlead without disturbing anyone you would be fine.