Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SW 03-5S1 @ the Flea Market-Just Couldn't Resist

I must admit it, I'm hooked on vintage radios (as I'm sure many of the Phorum readers are also). Saw this one today at the flea market. Seller wanted $35 but settled on $20. Seems to all be there except for the back and one knob. It's a Stewart Warner model 03-5S1 with the "Magic Keyboard" push button tuning. It's an AM/SW. I believe the back, which is missing, houses the "Magic Antenna". Should be fun to work on. I already located a how-to repair on the "Magic Keyboard". Radio still has original stickers inside!

Craig R.

Attached Files Image(s)

and more pics.........................

Craig R.

Attached Files Image(s)

That'll be a good looking radio when you get it done.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Cool looking radio. 20 bucks great deal.

I couldn't find much on this radio but found a link that showed a restored one. I do think it's a cool looking radio. I look forward to working on it. Here is the link:

http://www.renovatedradios.com/articlePages/magic.html

Craig R.

Gotta get a knob. I bet Gobs of Knobs has one.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Thanks, my friend, I will check with them.

Craig R.

The cabinet on your example was finished in a lighter shade then the one seen in the link. Good thing they have details about repairing those canvas strap pushbuttons, you are going to need them.
Regards
Arran

I'd be lost without that link on push button repair. Interesting concept. Was that method for push button operation very widespread? I would think not.

Craig R.