Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Update on the Philco sets

I have a good lead on a CRT for my Predicta. I just need to email the potential source. It would be an original tube with the snub neck. I have a Marantz he's interested in for trade.

The blond has issues. I have a feeling the vertical height and lin controls are bad. As I understand, these controls were notorious.

The 17" floor model is still in my mother's basement. When I was on vacation in September, the Beltron found its way there. The CRT did come up very slowly after cooking it at 8 volts for several hours. I had to cut power to replace a lampholder. The CRT still showed low emission. After a quick hit with the rejuvenator, it showed good emission. Once I rotate the collection, this will be restored to all its glory.

My consolette CRT was the same. It showed low emission and didn't respond to getting cooked. It did show good emission after a pop with the Beltron. I think I may do this when I get the Westinghouse done. My apologies to Ron for mentioning a non-Philco name.

The Transitone was soft started again recently and the caps degraded further. This one will be fun. Just like the Predicta, I'll have to remove boards to recap. The CRT is good.

I'm still looking for a Philco color set.

Visit the world's worst TV restoration website.

http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com