Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Toggle Power Switch 40-195/200/201 others?

Philco used a P/N 42-1517 Long Shank, 3A @ 250VAC toggle switch for the power switch on models 40-195, 40-200 and 40-201 and possibly other models. This switch was made by Arrow H & H and came with attached leads. I need to replace this switch on my 40-201. I found that Ace Hardware carries a switch, their Item no: 3135746, price $11.99 which can be used as a replacement. Wires will have to be added, but that is a minor issue. Wires could be attached to the screw terminals or could be soldered on.

Joe

Nice find Joe! I thought that was going to be a difficult one to locate.

Bob;

Yes, now if the weather will just co-operate! We have 24 degrees F and about 3 inches of sleet all over the ground. Looks like I will not be able to get out until Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime I can do some more on the chassis. I have one lead of the IF/2nd. Detector transformer (blue wire) that I am trying to pinpoint where to connect it. It looks like it was originally connected to pin 5, but the schematic seems to indicate it should be grounded. More checking to do.

I had to look back at my under the chassis photographs and saw that the wire in question went to R45, a 330K ohm 1/2 watt resistor, so I solved that problem and the IF transformers are all connected now. I have hook-up wire kits, both stranded and solid wire in multiple colors coming from Jameco. I will have to have those before I can resume replacing any more of the rubber coated wiring. Some of the wires look really likely to short to another wire.

Joe