Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Info I compiled on 1936-1937 Philco radios

I made a list of all domestic and some export 1936 and 1937 model Philco radios. I wanted a quick way to know the power source, tube count, number of bands and coverage for each model. I also wanted to know which models had shadow meters, Automatic tuning and Magnetic tuning. If anyone wants a copy here you are.

PDF format
http://www.4shared.com/file/29239808/f1e...odels.html

Excel format
http://www.4shared.com/file/29239806/165...odels.html

Let me know what you think

37-11 tube number fixed!

Bill

It's not what you don't know that hurts you it's what you know that's not so.

Thank you for sharing this, Bill.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks, easy to read and all in one place. Very helpful and thanks again for sharing.

They thanks. I was thinking of adding more years. This would be mainly for others as I think 36 and 37 were the best years for Philco's. Nice dials, cabinets and no cost cutting measures. Of course once I have my fill of 36 and 37 models I'll have to widen the coverage.

If anyone wants more years added let me know. If anyone wants to add more years them selfs go for it. Please post a link to the updated file for all the Philco fans here. Also if you find any incorrect info let me know. Originally I wanted more info on each model but the page layout sucked and the research needed would kill me. Example: Say you have a 6 tube radio what is 6th tube used for. Is it a 2nd stage of IF or a RF stage etc. The more tubes you add the more needs to be explained. Anyone with any ideas?

Bill

I think the 37-11 is a 10 tube model but I will add the 38 model year since 36-38 were probably the hey days for most companies

You are correct I slipped up must of had 11 on the brain. Every one that downloaded my lists please download them again or change the tube count for the 37-11 to 10 tubes on your list.

Thanks

Bill

No problem I have a nice 37-11 second style cabinet sitting in my basement and I had to go do a double check on the tube count. I will add a 1938 tab to the Excel sheet and fill in as much 1938 data as I can and send it back to you. I have the 38-1-2-3-4-116-690 so I can at least fill in that data correctly.

49Stude63 Wrote:No problem I have a nice 37-11 second style cabinet sitting in my basement and I had to go do a double check on the tube count. I will add a 1938 tab to the Excel sheet and fill in as much 1938 data as I can and send it back to you. I have the 38-1-2-3-4-116-690 so I can at least fill in that data correctly.

Sounds good!

Bill

I found an error in the list. 37-10 has 10 tubes like a 37-11 not 9 like a 37-9. files linked to above have been updated.
I found this error while trying to ID a dial assembly my father has. 3 bands but looks like a 37-690, 38-690 or 37-116 deluxe dial assembly. I was looking through Ron's book and though it could be from a 37-9,10 or 11. It seemed strange that the 37-9 and 37-10 had the same tube layout and both had AFC and automatic tuning. I got the riders out and found that the 37-10 has 10 tubes same as the 37-11. The 37-9 has AFC but no auto tuning.

BTW who ever made the phildata.xml file has the tube count wrong also. Where is a link to that file by the way? IMO more info needs to be stickied.

Bill