Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beam of Light

Does anyone have a Beam of light record player? I have one but near as I can tell it is missing a part the controls or sets the turntable speed. If you have one could you take a closeup picture of the end where the governor is? Mine has a hole in the bracket and it looks like there should be something there to hold the end of the governor.
Other than the speed problem I have it playing good.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gregb

hey Greg
what model do you have
sam

The radio is a 41-608, I would have to look to see if there is a model number on the record player.

Gregb

I've got one, but I think it's missing something there, too.

I'll try to dig it out this weekend and take pics anyway.

PM me if I forget. I can't begin to say how busy I am recently, but I'll be happy to help.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

I have the 41-608 with the correct changer. I am also working on another of the same changer over the weekend. Pm me and I will take a look at it. My changer has perfect speed, but after it cycles and starts to play the record, the tone arm abruptly shifts back to the right, which I cannot seem to stop. Does yours do that?

David, I am not to the point where I can see if the cycle works properly or not. Sad to say I have so many projects at the moment that I am not sure when I will get back to the BOL. Truth be told I have owned it for 15 years and so far havent spent more than an hour working on it.

Gregb