Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-610 dial pionter

Hi All,
I'm a new addition to the group...my wife bought me an 41-610 that I'm restoring and while its going OK I've got a question on a missing part...

The dial pointer is gone! I need to restring the dial but without the pointer I'm stuck. I can make a new one...if I knew what it looked like! Would someone be able to post a picture of what the original dial pointer looked like?
I guess even better would be if someone had one I could buy...would keep the set a bit more authentic...but I think I can fabricate one.

I've restored quite a few older ham radio sets...mostly Heathkits and Hammerlund gear...as well as a pile of tube audio equipment. This is my first console radio and its a project. Cosmetically the unit is in fine shape...electrically it is (was) a mess. I've repaired all the rubber wiring problems...I used some NOS cloth wire I had so it looks amazing! I've managed to get the pushbutton assembly working again. The unit has the record player installed I guess making it a 41-610P but the record player is in rough shape. I think I can get it to look new but maybe not working.

Anyway...any help with the dial pointer would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Geoff

This thread should be in the wanted Ad's if you want to buy a pointer. many more people will see it there who have lots of extra parts. try posting there or a MOD can move the post.

Welcome!
Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Thanks Kirk...just put a message in the Want Ads section as well. Hoping maybe this original post might get me a picture of one!

I just posted in your wanted ad, but will repeat here:

A pointer from the following will fit: 41-250, 41-255, 41-280, 41-285, 41-287, 41-290, 41-296.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN