Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

speaker repair

Hi Gang Icon_biggrin
I have a Philco speaker that needs recone. Icon_sad Who is the best speaker repair guy. Icon_think
Joe

Joe Bratcher near Louisville, KY

Whats it out of?

It's not out of that big Philco, is it?

If so...let me see if I have another. I *think* I do...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

HI Ron
I hate to say this but, yes the cone is good but the "spider" has come unglued. Icon_sad It sound o k until it turned up more than 1/4 of the way then it starts rattling. I have the radio working pretty good and the changer is going thru the cycle but the idlers are noisy and hard as a brick. But it is comming along. I have the motor for the volume control working it has a small v belt that turns the volume control (it is the smallest v belt i have ever seen) and it works fine. Icon_biggrin

Tab
It is out of a 41-616 it is a 12" cone with the 14" frame. I have a regular 12" philco that I am using to test with but it won't fit the cabinet.
Joe

I will look in a little while, but I am almost positive that I do not have a spare speaker like that.

Is the voice coil separating from the spider, or is the spider coming loose from the speaker frame? If the latter, it can probably be fixed by careful regluing, installing shims in the voice coil until the glue dries.

I had no idea the speaker was like that. And as I mentioned to you, the changer was supposed to have been "rebuilt" by someone who shall remain nameless, that no longer works on these changers...now I know why... Icon_thumbdown

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

O K no hurry
I sent a PM
Thanks
Joe

No joy...I do not have another 14" speaker. I didn't think I did, really. I even looked in my 42-1015 - it uses the 12 inch speaker.

PM replied to.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hey Joe, I had great luck with these guys. Good price and quick turn around.
Sound Remedy

Eric
Lake in the Hills, IL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org