Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco parts list

Hi Guy's,
Here is a question for you concerning electrolitic specs on the parts lists of some Philco's.
I am looking at a 118x radio I want to re-cap, and noticed that the parts list does not specify voltages for the electrolitcs.
I have seen this before on other mid 30's Philco schematics.
Whats up with that?
What would you guy's recommend on this set?
Don't really want to go too big if not necessary.Sometimes space is limited.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
murf

Look at the voltage chart, if you have it, then go with 150% WV.

If not, why not look at the actual caps in the radio and just duplicate the ratings?

Or, go with 450V or even 500V rating for the filter caps and then if you have dividers just divide the voltage appropriately.

And, yes - I never saw any rating in the pats list.
I am sure Chuck's site might have some Philco electrlolytics with ratings but the problem might be that the caps were replaced and are no longer Philcos.
But again, most times electrolytics are clearly marked with value and voltage.

What can? You mean electrolytic caps are n turn inside some other can?

OOPS,
Brain fart,
Was refering to a zenith I am working on and posting on the other site as well.
Sorry,
But I still need the voltages on the electrolitics for the 118x.
One at a time I guess

OK`, asking again (now that we found out those were different caps you though of):

WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE CAN?

Hi Morzh,
Sorry about the confusion.
Like you said, there is no can on the philco. The zenith I am working on as well has the can with the missing label(paper).
That post was on the other website and I guess I got them mixed up because I was doing two posts at the same time.
I will do as you said, and take the voltages off the exsisting caps, once I get the chassis out of the cabinet.
Lately, I have been running into modified chassis where things have been swapped years earlier and it was hard to figure out what was originally there.
Just trying to put together a list of caps for a couple radios that I brought home monday.
THanks for your help Morzh.
murf