Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Philco 70/90 5-pin tube socket

Anyone could spare or sell me one?

I bought a new one (porcelain) on eBay, not expensive, nothing to be sad about, but - it is symmetrical when it comes to screwholes and the Philco are off-center.

Or maybe someone knows where to buy - I have not found anything when I looked at the usual suspects. Could be I did not use the search engine well.

I will also put an ad in WTB section, in case someone has it for sale.

Mike.

I think the part number is 4956.

Might keep an eye to Ebay. I have seen several model 70 chassis go through in the $100 range. A bit pricey, but lots of parts. Some claim to work. Maybe you could set the socket you have in some way (silicone??) that that wont damage the chassis, and you can go ahead and restore the rest of the chassis, and keep an eye open for a permanent replacement.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

I might have to do that (not sure of silicon as the effort to insert a tube is sizable and it might not hold) but, well, I do have a socket.

I do not want to buy a whole chassis for parts, and I in fact do have a whole chassis (from a grandfather clock) that seems to be good, so I am not crazy about destroying it - I might build another 70 out of it.

I saw a 6-pin socket yesterday...need a 5-pin one.

I have one already removed, it should work for you. Out of a model 17 chassis.

Great Tom, thanks.

(Is this for 37 tube - 17 has other tubes with higher count ?).

It's the five pin socket, will work for 24/27/35/47 tube on your 70.

PM me your addr and I'll get it off to you.

Tom

Just did.

Thanks!

Mike.