Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is your Pride & Joy radio? Owned or wanted...

Wow, Ron, that thing is beautiful!!!!

BUT... you got me to appreciate late-40s Magnavox-es and Philco 19/89s.

I MUST RESIST McMurdos,...........Icon_wink

My Grampa & Gradma's kitchen then living room radio.
A 1947 Emerson model 535. Two years older than I am.

The Chicago Cubs and White Sox wore out a set of tubes.
Gradma always listened to Wally Phillips on WGN.

Runs like a champ. I grew up with that set when they lived upstairs.

[Image: http://www.philcorepairbench.com/images/535.jpg]

Chuck

I like the one I'm working on right now...whichever one that happens to be. Icon_razz

My pride and joy would have to be the Philco 37-116 which was completed in 2013. I don't think I'll ever part with it. And I have a fantastic Zenith Transoceanic 600, one of the last made that has the phono hookup in the back and the headphone jack in the front. So sensitive and the sound is amazing.

[Image: http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508...30a600.jpg]

Vernon /Ronin61

42-1015....12 tubes with Beam of Light. Production of only 1,255.
Waiting patiently for restoration. I do like the immediate pre-war consoles and this is one of the rarer ones. Love the look!

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice radios,

Love the history Chuck.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I'd say my current pride and joy (if I had to choose a favorite or "last one to go") would be the Philco 95 Lowboy with the tapestry grill cloth. It's a one owner (before me) and working, nice cabinet but has been refinished in the past. The one I'd love to have right now is a nice clean Grebe Synchrophase or one of the Midwest art deco consoles.

Well... If it's not my Setchell Carlson 5110 AM/FM Jet (as stated in some similar thread recently), then it would definitely have to be...

My 1936 GE Colorama E-155. It's got all the bells and whistles... 5 band drum dial--LW, BC, 3xSW--dual IF, PP 6L6 output, 15 inch speaker, automatic dual-ratio tuning, AFC, noise limiter, the unique Colorama tuning feature, and other stuff.

I found the Jet on CL all by myself. But LedHed tipped me off to the Colorama, and I still owe him big time for that!

Attached Files Image(s)

That Colorama is one of my favorites also. Hard to find though.

Steve D

GregB
I passed that radio with the mystery controller along to a fellow collector a couple of months ago. It was given to me. I gave it to him. I just didn't have room for another big consoleIcon_sad

I'll probably never see one again.

It's always hard to pick a favorite. Here are some I really like. 1936-1940 models..Zeniths, RCA, Emerson and Philco. Guess I'm eclectic ---not dyslectic!

Attached Files Image(s)

Well Art I am sad to hear that but keep me mind for next time!

Gregb

greg,
wish I would have known you wanted one

That's ok Art, my chance will come sooner or later.

Gregb

Greg,
Wanted you to see it anyway.

Attached Files Image(s)