Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is your Pride & Joy radio? Owned or wanted...

My two pride and joys have to be my Philco 38-116 and my RCA 816k consoles....Maybe add in my Zenith 12s-265.

Thanks Art, That would have been the ticket for sure!

Gregb

AK47 has been the Soviet Army favorite for years though I am not sure how good it is as a receiver.
And it sure will look good on top the 37-116;
Icon_lol

Hmmmm. You know, they DO look pretty good on a 37-116

Told'ya!
One thing of beauty on top the other, looks almost sexy.
Unlike a painting by a well-known painter (who I mostly do not get but then he has so many admirers....)
This one.
http://www.wikipaintings.org/en/salvador...rand-piano
Icon_mrgreenIcon_twisted

You would enjoy Alice Cooper's book Alice Cooper, Golf Monster.

He knew Dali and there are some funny anecdotes in the book about him!

Oh, I had been to his museum in St. Pete, FL. In 1997.

I would like to find one of the radios with a Mystery control... Would be a nice find.

Warren,
I'm guessing that chassis is more of a challenge than many radios are.

Owned, my 37-650. My want, a Hallicrafters SX-28.

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

They are back ache and a pain to work on. The 28A is a bit better. Hallicrafters did release so factory mods to improve the nl and stability. Was just reading about them in CQ from '55. On the plus side they do sound good!
GL
Terry N3GTE

What did those mods consist of? Over the weekend I found an SX-17 with 14 tubes... the extra is an 0D3 voltage regulator. Are there 16-tube SX-28s running around out there?

My Philco Concert Grand I bought 4 years ago...I'd been looking since 1998... Icon_smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice radio!

As for other collectibles I love my model 1873 french civil war revolver. I like it more for where it came from.

Ok sit down boys and girls:

Once upon a time there was a man who owned a bar in the 1930's. He was a rough and tumble sort of guy and would have no qualms about tossing you out for making trouble. Well, one day a man came in and drank too much. He got into a fight and pulled this weapon. He was knocked on his butt and the bar owner took the gun. It was not loaded and the bar owner said I can take the gun or call the fuzz! The man left without his toy. Icon_sad

The bar owner took the gun and put it in the back office of the bar with the lost and found. He threw it into an old ladies pink boot. Fast forward 75 years and here is where I come in. The bar was being ripped down and My friend who owns the building still from his grandfathers uncle finds the boot and gun. He knew I collected so he gave them to me. The story was only later found out when he mentioned it to his father.

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Nice antique!

How many stations does it pick up?
Icon_biggrin

Chuck