Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1201 CAP QUESTION

All the practice you need to get you started:

Get any generator, hook it up, get it to oscillate, and then start from trying to get a stable picture. Then just rotate your controls and see what they do. Change offset, V/div, trigger level, time base, switch triggering modes. Play with it. It will be like a tutorial.

Following this, observe the safety rules and then you could try to see some real life things in your radio. Remember, do not use millivolts/div when looking at 100s of V/div or you could damage your front end amp.
Regular 1:10 probe with 10M input resistance is good for about 300V or so. So do not measure high DC levels with it.

Thanks Mike... I have hooked up the signal generator to it and gotton used to the controls etc. I do need to learn how to troubleshoot with it on a radio, etc. My probe has a switch on it to switch to x 10.. or is it x 100 i forget, will have to check. So, if I switch it then I can measure higher than 300 volts.. correct?

No. Switch in essence changes your input impedance. It will make your 10M into 1M impedance.
So it is quite teh contrary - x1 you can go up to 30 or 60V and then with x10 - up to 300V.
Normal usage is x10.

If you need any help or guidance - let me know.

Thanks , I would definitely appreciate some help/guidance. I will probably ask you a few questions soon.