Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P.

Thanks Jerry. It does look like a single. The center terminal hasnt been soldered to through the rivot. The number on the side is 3793-SU. It looks to be a single .015.

I have pulled the electrolytics and have a little confusion about things. The #41 cap is shown in the schematic as a 16mf to chassis gnd. The layout diagram shows it as the cap that grounds through a couple of resistors (to the HV center tap) - 8mf stamped (30-2049-M) on the can. This is the left cap looking at the rear. I think the #41 and #54 may be reversed, but I am not sure. The numbers on the can are: 30-2118s, which is the cap in the middle, labelled #54, and 30-2025, which is the rear cap closest to the side (RH from rear). I dont see any referance to these numbers in Chucks site. Clarification appreciated. Any problem replacing the 8mf caps with 10mf 450v?

Another question is about the #32 bakelite. It looks like a .00011 dual. Is this a mica that doesnt need to be disturbed? It's number is 8035-DG. I'm inclined to leave it be unless I hear otherwise.

A few other notes: the # 23 bakelite has the center terminal clipped off, but I dont see anything else connected in its place. That is about as far as I have gotten.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-16-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Philco model 610 rebuild - by Tim P. - by TV MAN - 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM